Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tity Boi Delivers 'Drop-Top Music' On Codeine Cowboy

'I'm just looking at the game from a whole 'nother perspective as far as being creative,' he tells Mixtape Daily.
By Rob Markman


Playaz Circle
Photo: DTP

Mixtape Daily Main Pick
Artist: Tity Boi

Representing: Atlanta

Mixtape: Codeine Cowboy (A 2 Chainz Collective)

Real Spit: Tity Boi has set the streets on fire before. As one-half of the Atlanta group Playaz Circle, Tity (a.k.a. 2 Chainz) and his partner Dolla Boy broke ground with their 2007 Lil Wayne-assisted breakout "Duffle Bag Boy." Well, Tity is back on his grind with his new mixtape Codeine Cowboy (A 2 Chainz Collective).

The DJ Teknikz and DJ Franke White-helmed tape is filled with a variety of trap anthems. "Cowboy" samples Bon Jovi's 1986 hit "Wanted Dead or Alive," adding a head-nodding Southern roll to the rock classic. The Lex Luger-produced "Too Easy" fits perfectly in today's rap landscape, and "Role Model" finds 2 Chainz reunited with his Playaz Circle partner Dolla Boy.

"I'm just looking at the game from a whole 'nother perspective as far as being creative. We got thinkers on this end," Tity told Mixtape Daily. "You know I make that drop-top music. I make that music where you can drop your top and still turn your AC on."

With features from Busta Rhymes, Young Jeezy, CyHi Da Prynce, Bun B, Vado and Pusha T, Tity Boi proves on Codeine Cowboy that he is still the star of the show, even among such hip-hop notables.

Joints to Check For
» "Spend It" - "One of my most exciting records to record is 'Spend It,' produced by Drumma Boy. It's basically a summer anthem. I feel like I'm out here, I'm still in the streets. We need something to really inspire us, and that's what I'm here for."

» "Lala" - "Another record that I really enjoyed making — it's one of my biggest as far as response when I perform, is 'Lala' featuring Busta Rhymes. It's really not much to say. I let the record and the music speak for itself."

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1664855/tity-boi-delivers-droptop-music-on-codeine-cowboy.jhtml

Salma Hayek Samaire Armstrong Samantha Mathis Samantha Morton Samantha Mumba

No comments:

Post a Comment